Continuity helps you and makes you able to do your work, whatever you are doing on your phone and vice versa. The process of the moving from one device to another should be simple and smooth. With Continuity, you could easily do this with Continuity on your Mac, iPhone, iPad, iPod, and Apple Watch. To know more, contact experts at Apple Mac Phone Number.
Continuity is a feature or can say a group of features, in the updated version of Apple’s OS Yosemite and iOS 8. Seamlessly, Handoff, Phone Calling, Instant Hotspot, and SMS are comprised of Continuity, which helps in the moving process from one device to another in simple and smooth manner. Continuity enables you to make your devices work together. You can unlock your Mac device easily without using a password, even more, you can activate iPhone hotspot without picking up your phone from your bag or pocket. Moreover, without picking up the phone you can easily send and receive phone calls.
Set up Handoff:
Handoff could easily function on any Mac, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, Apple Watch that completes the requirements of Continuity system. Handoff works when your devices are nearby. To set up the Handoff, follow the steps with complete Apple Mac Customer Support.
- Every device is signed in to iCloud with the same Apple ID. In order to check the Apple ID used by Apple Watch, launch the Apple Watch app on your iPhone and then go to “General” tab. After this click “Apple ID”
- Turn on Bluetooth on, after this turn on Wi-Fi.
- Each device has Handoff turned on.
- On Mac, you need to select Apple menu and then click “System Preferences”. After this click “General. Here, you need to choose “Allow Handoff between this Mac and your iCloud devices.”
- Here, go to the “Settings”, “General”, and “Handoff” on iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch and then turn on Handoff.
- On Apple Watch, you need to launch the Apple Watch app on your iPhone. After this tap “General” and “turn on Enable Handoff.”
- Apple Watch supports handing off from watch to iPhone only.
Open an app on one of your devices that works with Handoff. Then use the app in order to start a task, like writing an email or document. If you are switching to your Mac, then click the app’s icon in the Dock. After this unlock your device and launch the multitasking screen. Here, tap the app banner at the bottom of the screen.
Set up iPhone Cellular Calls:
Here, you could use iPhone Cellular Calls with any Mac, iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch that match the requirements of Continuity system. It also works only when your device is nearby each other.
- Every device is signed in to iCloud with the same Apple ID.
- With the same Apple ID, each device is signed in to FaceTime.
- Every device has Wi-Fi turned on.
- Go the “Settings”, “Phone”, and “Calls” on your iPhone and then turn on “Allow Calls” on “Other Devices.”
- Here, on iPad or iPod touch, you have to go to “Setting” and then “FaceTime”. After this turn of Calls from iPhone.
- On Mac, you need to launch the FaceTime app and then select FaceTime, Preferences. Click Settings, and then select “Calls From iPhone.”
Use iPhone Cellular Calls:
- In order to make a call on your iPad or iPod touch, you need to tap a phone number in Contacts, Calendar, Safari, or another app. Additionally, you could open the FaceTime app and then enter the phone number in the search field. Now, you have to tap the phone number in the search result and then tap “Call”.
- On the other hand, to make a call on your Mac, you need to move the pointer over any phone number in Contacts, Calendar, Safari, or another app that automatically detects such data. Here, in the box, you need to click the arrow that outlines the phone number. After this select Call (Phone Number) using your iPhone.
Set up Instant Hotspot:
- There is an activated carrier plan providing Personal Hotspot service on your iPhone or iPad.
- Every device is signed in to iCloud with the same Apple ID and has Bluetooth turned on.
- Turned on Wi-Fi.
Use Instant Hotspot:
In order to connect your personal Hotspot, you need to-
- On Mac, you need to use the Wi-Fi status menu in the menu bar to select the name of the iPhone or iPad providing your Personal Hotspot.
- On iPad, iPod touch, or even another iPhone, you need to go to “Settings” and then “Wi-Fi”. After this, tap the name of the iPhone or iPad providing your Personal Hotspot.
Moreover, if you face any difficulty with the above stated steps or having any other sort of problem, you could easily connect our support service via toll-free Apple Mac Technical Support Number – (1-877-708-3372). Here, you will be assisted by the team of experts and professionals who are always ready to cater their customers.